Re: [squid-users] Upgrading from 2.5.9 to 2.6.5 - woes + squish woes

From: D & E Radel <radel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 18:01:45 +1200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2007-05-29 klockan 16:50 +1200 skrev D & E Radel:
>
>> Dang! Adding the line: "HTTP_PORT 3128" stops the error, but now I get no authentication prompt in
>> my browser. Restarting squid is fine, but it doesn't seem to talk to my client's browser anymore.
>
> So what do you get?
>
> Any output from "squid -k parse"?

Nothing. Nada.

> Is accesses recorded in access.log?

Nope.

> Is the browser configured to use the proxy?

Yes. It was working fine after upgrade to latest stable Debian version, but not after installing squish.

> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks for the reply Henrik. Sorry about my delay. I suspect that Squish install somehow kacked my
squid. I don't see how it could have though. I think perhaps the easiest way out, is to restore to
an earlier drive image and retry the debian upgrade - but not install squish this time.

Is there an alternative method to limit users to xMB downloads per day? Many thanks.

Cheers.
D.Radel.