Re: [squid-users] site not working

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:33:39 +0545

robert@e-adnet.ro wrote:
> i have squid 2.6 running for some time and no problems
> but now a site (www.hi5.com) isn't loading but without the proxy
> it loads.
> any subdomains for this site xxx.hi5.com also load
>
> anybody seen this and know how to correct it ?

Hi Robert,

Are you running Squid transparently? I had also faced the same problem
where hi5.com could not be accessed using my transparent proxy server. I
then redirected the traffic of hi5.com to another proxy server. Later I
came to know that for some unknown reasons, some firewall/router on
hi5.com was blocking my proxy server.

I had then email the webmasters at hi5.com to allow my proxy servers to
access their site but in vain. It's been months and hi5.com is still
blocking access to one of my proxy server.

But your case might be different.

What is the exact error message you get when you use your proxy server
to connect to hi5.com?

By the way, can you telnet to hi5.com on port 80?

telnet hi5.com 80

GET / HTTP/1.0