RE: [squid-users] Cert issue on reserve proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 23:37:15 +0200

mån 2007-06-04 klockan 11:20 -0500 skrev Jason Hitt:
> When I added it to cache_effective_user as you mentioned I states theres no account named "openssl". I made one just to see if that's what you meant and gave the openssl account ownership of the logs and caches as needed butI get an abort trap. I'm stumped. Abort to do a port mirror and wireshark the ssl exchange.

I want you to run the openssl s_client command as the
cache_effective_user on your Squid server, whatever that is on your
server, not as root.

I do not want you to change the cache_effective_user in suqid.conf at
all. Just to run the openssl command as the user cache_effective_user is
set to run Squid under..