Re: [squid-users] Redirector not getting the Port number in theURL.

From: Logu <logsnaath@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:20:00 +0530

>> The port number in the requested url is not available for the url rewrite
>> (redirector) program, is it an expected behaviour.?
>
> It is there.
>
> But the URL sent to url rewriters is slightly normalized so if the port
> is the default for the requested scheme then it's not sent. All
> hostnames sent to the url rewriter is also lower-case. What this means
> is that if you request http://WWW.ExAmPlE.cOm:80/path then
> http://www.example.com/path is sent to the URL rewriter, but if you
> request http://WWW.ExAmPlE.cOm:81/path then
> http://www.example.com:81/path is sent.

Thanks Hendrik for the details,
I actually missed to mention that we are using squid in a reverse proxy
mode. I get the port numbers when the squid is configured for direct proxy
but when it is configured for reverse proxy, the port number is not coming
to the redirector program even if the port is other than 80.

-Logu