Re: [squid-users] Problem with Sibling squids

From: Santiago del Castillo <santiago.del.castillo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:18:07 -0300

Nothing :(

I'm using version 2.5.STABLE14
I've checked cache.log, nothing appears :(

nothing comes into my mind! I used tethereal to see if the switch or
some kind of firewall were filtering packets, but it's not the case :(,
packets stop being sent by squids :(

I'm about to start crying! :(

On 6/5/07, Juraj Sakala <juraj.sakala@greenband.sk> wrote:
> > Added that line and didn't help :(.
> >
> > This is what happens:
> >
> > 1) Squids were configured without sibling.
> > 2) Configured sibling on each squid as showed before (4 cache_peer
> > lines per squid, total 5 squids).
> > 3) Reloaded (not restarted) squid. Sibling started working.... After a
> > while (~20 secs). Stopped working.
> > 4) Changed some settings (disable siblings, reloaded, enabled
> > 5) Restarted Squid and sibling started working again for ~20 secs again.
> >
> > So every change I make I have to restart squid :(
> >
> > About if I see SIBLING_HITs on my access.log, yes, for those 20 secs
> > sibling works. I see SIBLING_HITs :(
>
> It is strange problem. I use ICP without problems. Which version of
squid do
> you use?
> Do you have checked cache.log?
>
> This is part of my working config, perhaps it will be helpful for you:
>
> Proxy1:
> icp_port 3130
> icp_hit_stale off
> cache_peer proxy2 sibling 3128 3130 no-netdb-exchange proxy-only
no-digest
> no-delay
> log_icp_queries off
> icp_query_timeout 500
> http_access allow Proxy2
> icp_access allow Proxy2
> visible_hostname Proxy1
>
> Proxy2:
> icp_port 3130
> icp_hit_stale off
> cache_peer proxy1 sibling 3128 3130 no-netdb-exchange proxy-only
no-digest
> no-delay
> log_icp_queries off
> icp_query_timeout 500
> http_access allow Proxy1
> icp_access allow Proxy1
> visible_hostname Proxy2

Sunil, i'm glad it helped you :)

On 6/5/07, Sunil K.P. <sunil@hyperia.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Thanks a lot.
> I was having problems with the sibling hits and it got solved.
>
> Regards
> Sunil

Cheers!
Santiago