Re: [squid-users] a bug in the new squid pakage (CentOS 4.5) ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:44:11 +0200

tis 2007-06-05 klockan 20:24 +0300 skrev Gonen Radai:
> Hello,
>
> I think i found a bug in the new squid pakage
> squid-2.5.STABLE14-1.4E that repalce squid-2.5.STABLE6-3.4E.12 (in last
> CentOS 4.5 update)

Sorry, that release is a vendor release of an obsolete Squid version.
You have to use the appropriate support channel for that vendor. It's
impossible for us to track the patches and modifications of vendor
packages.

Current Squid version supported here is Squid-2.6.STABLE13, and I
recommend you to upgrade to this release before digging too deep into
this problem. There is no reason to run Squid-2.5 today, and certainly
not on an OS like CentOs where you don't really have any support channel
to the vendor.

Note: Reverse proxy mode has been considerably cleaned up and rewritten
in Squid-2.6 so some changes for the better to your squid.conf is needed
as part of the upgrade. It's also quite likely you can get rid of the
redirector in most cases. See FAQ for how to configure Squid-2.6 as a
reverse proxy.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy