Re: [squid-users] [OT] about "Free software only dies when the last copy of the source code is erased"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:51:15 +0200

tis 2007-06-05 klockan 14:49 -0300 skrev lucas coudures:

> I wrote something to explain what I mean to say when i said
> "I can't implement this if the proyect is dead "

I don't speek Spanish, but we all understood you I think. It's a matter
of mindset about software and therefore my comment.

If that project does what you need (or close to) and you like it, it's
in your best interest to find resources capable of maintaining the
project to your needs. Sometimes it's sufficient to just talk about the
project, sometimes this involves actually having your own or hiring
other people working on it.

The starting point that "I can not use the software because.." isn't
very helpful for anyone. The slight change in mindset to "To use the
software I need .." is a much better mindset.