[squid-users] Squid Seems to be Rate-Limiting TCP_HIT Downloads

From: RW <fbsd06@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:36:53 +0100

I'm using Squid 2.6.13 locally on a FreeBSD 6.2 Desktop PC with a ufs
store, and I am seeing slow download speeds on TCP_HIT downloads, which
should be instantaneous on localhost. With cache misses I get normal
fluctuating speeds, but with hits I get a steady 20KB/s per connection,
which suggests there is some kind of rate-limiting going on.

I tried deleting the cache and reinitializing, to no effect. I don't have
delay pools built-in. There is nothing unusual in my squid.conf file, and I
don't see anything new in the default version. I'm seeing this with both
browsers and commandline tools.

I'm pretty sure something has changed in Squid, a few months ago large
images cached in squid were displaying instantaneously, even after deleting
the browser cache.