[squid-users] Squid-2 and /dev/poll support for Solaris (and IRIX?)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 09:24:49 +0800

Hi everyone,

A couple of Solaris users have been testing my /dev/poll Solaris work
and both have reported performance increases with no issues.

One of the users' reports is here:

http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/squid-2-devpoll-update/

In summary: 90% CPU drop. :P

If you're running Solaris (or later versions of IRIX 6.5, which I
believe also has solaris-like /dev/poll support) and would like to
save on (a lot of) CPU then I'd really appreciate it if you'd give
the code some testing. This should breathe some life into older
Solaris machines and allow newer Solaris servers running Squid
to really fly.

Thanks,

Adrian