Re: [squid-users] improving responsiveness

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:09:54 +0200

mån 2007-06-11 klockan 21:33 +0200 skrev Francisco Gimeno:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible having a per-session
> delay_pool instead per-IP.

Whats a "session" in this context?

> The idea is that a long transfer keep limited but the interactive
> traffic. So, I would like to apply an individual "maximum bucket" per
> session and a constant rate for long transfers.

Thats kind of what you get automatically with a reasonably large maximum
bucket. Except that once the user is limited all his traffic is limited,
not just that download..

Note: Doing it per request would just encourage users to use aggressive
download managers splitting the download in many many parallel requests.