[squid-users] Large Buffers for Squid

From: Michael Puckett <Michael.Puckett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:13:32 -0700

My squid application is doing large file transfers only. We have
(relatively)few clients doing (relatively)few transfers of very large
files. The server is configured to have 16 or 32GB of memory and is
serving 3 Gbit NICs to the clients downstream and 1 Gbit NIC upstream.
We wish to optimize the performance around these large file transfers
and desire to run large I/O buffers to the networks and the disk. Is
there a tunable buffer size parameter that I can set to increase the
network and disk buffer sizes?

Regards

-mikep