[squid-users] Problem with Squid-DG-Squid scheme: Normal users have access to banned sites once VIP users authenticate themselves

From: Elvin Hernāndez <eehc1705@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 13:23:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody. I'm managing the scheme squid1-DG-squid2 in a same machine. Squid1 is configured to authenticate users via PAM and I have modified its configuration file to pass this authentication to DG of the following way: cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query default login=*:password The object of this configuration is that DG can assign to each authenticated user to a filter group. Each filter group is configured with differents levels of restrictions. In special, I have configured a filtergroup to VIP users that have less restrictions than the rest of users. Problem When I authenticate myself through squid1 with a normal user and I try to access a banned site (for example youtube.com), DG denies the access to the site. On the other hand, when I authenticate myself with a VIP user and I try to access to the same site, I can do it. Up to here, all is well; I can say that the filter groups that I configured in DG are working well. The problem is that once the VIP user was authenticated and had access to youtube.com, the rest of normal users can have access too, when it should not be happening. How can I resolve this problem? Specifically, how can I avoid that normal users canīt access to banned sites that only are allowed to VIP users using the scheme squid1-DG-squid2? Regards __________________________________________________ Correo Yahoo! Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y antispam Ągratis! Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/