Re: [squid-users] httpReadReply: Request not yet fully sent "POST http://xxx/yyy.php"

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:56:12 +0200

ons 2007-06-13 klockan 07:45 -0500 skrev Sean Walberg:

> httpReadReply: Request not yet fully sent "POST http://xxx/yyy.php"
>
> -xxx varies, yyy.php is usually the same (most of our POSTs are to the
> same script anyway)

> Reading up on it a bit tells me that this means that the web server
> has returned data before squid finished POSTing the form.

Yes.

> This is
> usually a PMTU problem in forward-cache scenarios though. I wouldn't
> expect PMTU discovery to be a problem on an Ethernet segment where all
> devices have the same MTU.

No. PMTU is not relevant here at all.

How the script behaves is relevant. If the script responds before
reading the complete request then the above message will be seen.

This may occur if

a) The script fails while reading the request
or
b) The script doesn't really care what the POST data looks like,
ignoring it.
or
c) The web server responded with an error.

> My initial inclination is to get a packet capture, but these errors
> are unpredictable so I might be sifting through a lot of data, and I'm
> not even sure what it would tell me.

The most important piece it will tell you is what the response from the
script actually looked like when this problem is seen. This will tell
you if the problem is the script / web server, or if the problem is
related to Squid.