Re: [squid-users] 2.6-S13 + diskd is freaky bugged

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 08:45:30 -0300 (BRT)

Adrian Chadd disse na ultima mensagem:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2007, Michel Santos wrote:
>
>> anyway, I wonder, why then the swap.state problem does not appear when
>> using ufs. On FreeBSD you can tear off the powercable twice and trice
>> and
>> squid with ufs cache_dir comes up fine after fsck corrected the errors
>> -
>> but - diskd goes wild
>
> Have you tried aufs?
>
>> it is clearly a diskd isolated problem since the cache_dir and
>> swap.state
>> are the same for both, so I guess it has nothing to do with the
>> swap.state
>> file it is only wrongly rebuild when running diskd
>
> try aufs; it should run fine under FreeBSD-6.

Hi Adrian

yes I tried it. Even if the aufs threads are running on all CPUs and it
gives a better performance in comparism to ufs, still, diskd runs faster,
specially under load and lots of connections. Response time of squid with
diskd under load is much better here.

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.