Re: [squid-users] 2.6-S13 + diskd is freaky bugged

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:06:40 +0800

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007, Michel Santos wrote:

> yes I tried it. Even if the aufs threads are running on all CPUs and it
> gives a better performance in comparism to ufs, still, diskd runs faster,
> specially under load and lots of connections. Response time of squid with
> diskd under load is much better here.

Then someone's going to have to do some digging into fixing the issue.
To be honest, someone should do some digging into the last ten years of
HTTP cache filesystem work and just write something to replace COSS
that isn't so temperamental and difficult to configure; I want to do it
but I just haven't any time anymore.

(and then contribute it back to Squid, unlike 100% of the papers I've
read on this subject which used Squid in their development and testing
phases.)

Adrian