Re: [squid-users] How Bad is CONNECT and Should I Prevent It?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:02:56 +0800

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007, Vadim Pushkin wrote:
> Many thanks Jakob and Kevin;
>
> I am only looking to inspect each SSL connection for the purposes of
> determining if the traffic should be allowed, i.e. non-malicious (not chat,
> file-transfer, etc).
>

> Can anyone recommend such a product? Also, I should mention, I am not
> looking to spend alot of money.
>
> Are their any plans on the roadmap to do this sort of traffic analysis
> within Squid?

I have plans to get something very basic into squid-2 to support
transparently proxying SSL connections and could get talked into some
basic fingerprinting (if someone coughs up some research for me to look
at about all of this) but considering I still haven't finished my
7 year old todo list, god knows when it'll be done..

Adrian