RE: [squid-users] CARP on a flat (no hierarchy) set of SQUID servers???

From: Mark Vickers <markv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:02:33 -0400

Kinkie,

Thank you for the Information. Looks like because of load I'm going to
use a three tier approach, F5, a pair of squids just for the CARP
function (with caching virtually disabled, as you suggest), and about 12
Squids with for the data.

Will the CARP algorithm have the same result on two different boxes, if
the configs are the same? I.e. will it "point" at the same squid?

-Vickers