Re: [squid-users] Google Safe Browsing API - Integration with squid?

From: Andreas Pettersson <andpet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:52:20 +0200

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Yup; I'm working on loading that into a hash for lookups, after normalising
> the URLs (removing the protocol, user@password, anchor; can't remove the query
> as some phish URLs bounce via well-known services like google, live.com, etc.)

I was actually having a thought about that.. Is a url hash the only way
to go?
It is easy for a phisher to wildcard a whole subdirectory or even a
subdomain and make hashing of individual urls nearly useless.
Perhaps there should be an optional list of domains or dst adresses for
blocking the hosts obviously used only for phishing.

--
Andreas