[squid-users] wccp

From: Firas A. Mubarak <mubarak316@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:18:31 +0300

Dear All,

I gave up!!
i have been trying to activate my squid 2.6 stable 13 to use WCCP but still
cant see anything !!
i can see that WCCP enabled on my squid server and i can see that wccp is
enabled on my router as well.
but i still cant browse without a proxy.
i have seen so many how-to on the internet tried them all but still not
working.
im using fedora6 do i have to compile ip_wccp.o on my box ? is yes what is
the command to do that ?
do i have to create a gre tunnle on my squid ? i have tried the command
iptunnel add gre1 mode gre remote <ip-address-of-router> local
<ip-address-of-squid-cache> dev eth0

but im still getting an error !!

its very critical for me to have WCCP running any clear steps to do it? i
really dont want to get a hardware to do it for me, i wanna use it through
my squid proxy.

Regards,
Firas