Re: [squid-users] IM blocking in squid?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:11:44 +0200

On 26.06.07 07:47, Thomas Raef wrote:
> Wouldn't that mean that all IM traffic has to be redirected through
> Squid?

if you want to block IM traffic in squid, then all IM traffic must be
(re)directed to squid.

> Or would this be to block IM that tries to go through port 80?

> I think a wiki about how squid could block IM under certain
> circumstances would be useful.

There were many siuch questions on this list. Note that IM communication is
usually not done via HTTP, and even if, there has be list of
hosts/ports/URLs to block. Try searchin this list archives.

"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]