Re: [squid-users] provide html pages embedded in a standard page using squid. Is this possible?

From: <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:18:50 +1200 (NZST)

> tis 2007-06-26 klockan 23:59 +0200 skrev js:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Can I configure Squid this way that it always provides a client the html
>> page below?
>
> Not easily. Do do this you need to rewrite the content of any downloaded
> HTML object to add javascript code checking that it's loaded from within
> the frame, and reload the frameset otherwise..
>
> My recommendation in how to do this would be to write an ICAP server
> doing the needed HTML rewrites. Squid-3 has ICAP support, and there is
> unofficial patches for Squid-2.

In which case, you would be much better off taking a good look at the
<OBJECT> tag in HTML/XML and coding the re-writing to simply place an
<OBJECT> at the top of any served pages with a link to your banner content
inside.

Not that performing a man-in-middle attack on peoples HTML traffic is ever
considered a good thing. If its your own pages there are better options
based at the webserver.

Amos