Re: [squid-users] unable to open mail.yahoo.com properly

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 20:59:44 +1200

ajit kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using squid with Stable13 as a transparent proxy.
> All is working fine. There is a problem with
> mail.yahoo.com
>
> However mail.yahoo.com will let me login. It will
> display the contents of the mail box. When i click on
> the mail to see the content it only shows the header
> and footer of the mail. Does not display the content.
> however when I copy the blank area and paste it in
> notepad it i can see the message.

Hmm, that sounds familiar....
You would be using InternetExplorer no?

I have seen this 'invisible' text happening when a website is coded as
valid XHTML 1.0 and viewed in IE5.5/6.
I would guess that yahoo are using XHTML with <DIV> tags (the XML
equivalent of the deprecated <P> tags) to display their page properly
according to the RFC standards.

> Also , it does not let me to see attachment. Some of
> the button on pages does not work. Like. forward etc.

... similar to how IE handled XHTML <BUTTON> objects, but not definitive

> The layout of the page is not displayed properly.

... again just like how IE shows HTML4 / XHTML pages.

"
Have you noticed:
Objects overlapping they shouldn't?
Have coloured borders where they shouldn't?
Objects wrapping when they shouldn't?
Failing to wrap when they should?
Fonts seem overly large for the space the text is meant to occupy?
Gradient rainbows of color appearing as a few solid blocks?
Background images forming tiles when you expect a strech would do?
Scrollbars on display where you would not expect them?
Objects missing from pages?
... only to reappear at random during scrolling?
... or after changing to another program window for a second?
Page re-arrange itself while you scroll?
Your computer crashing when you load a web page?

Try another web browser ...
"

Amos