Re: [squid-users] Cannot connect to Squid's default port

From: Reid <reid_sf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:32:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you everyone for your help. The dedicated server company where my squid is located has just
reported to me that "we are blocking outgoing connections on tcp/3128 port for security reasons".

Does this mean that they are a "squid unfriendly" company? Is there any reason to block that port,
and not other ports associated with proxy servers??

Thank you all again, I appreciate the help with troubleshooting.