Re: [squid-users] Cannot connect to Squid's default port

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:57:13 +0200

On 29.06.07 12:32, Reid wrote:

(please, configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 chars)

> Thank you everyone for your help. The dedicated server company where my
> squid is located has just reported to me that "we are blocking outgoing
> connections on tcp/3128 port for security reasons".

ehm. The company you are connected through can block outgoing connections to
3128 or the company you host squid in canblock incoming connections to 3128.

I also wonder why do you run squid in the hosting company, squid should be
in your network, to control (and decrease) traffic from your
network/company.

> Does this mean that they are a "squid unfriendly" company? Is there any
> reason to block that port, and not other ports associated with proxy
> servers??

not I'm aware off, I would ask how they mean it.
Or maybe there was some misunderstanding here?

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*