Re: [squid-users] Cannot connect to Squid's default port

From: Marcello Romani <mromani@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:15:27 +0200

Reid ha scritto:
> Could you tell me the command to make squid listen only on 3128? When I run "tcpdump -n -i any
> port 3128" (or any other port) it gives me an error - something about promiscuous command. Thanks
>
>> Have you tried to make squid listen only on the 3128 port ?
>> Maybe you could start from there and then enable one other port at a time...
>> (just writing thoughts as they pop off my head :)
>> --
>> Marcello Romani
>> Responsabile IT
>> Ottotecnica s.r.l.
>> http://www.ottotecnica.com

> http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/

Well, it's pretty easy: just leave only one

http_port 3128

line in your squid.conf.

I would suggest that you save your current squid.conf in a temporary
file, and start over with a fresh one (i.e. copied from
squid.conf.example) and see if that works. Then you can modify
squid.conf one directive at a time and see if it still works after every
change...

Again, just my .02 euro.

--
Marcello Romani