Re: [squid-users] Advise on what to monitor using MRTG

From: squid squid <squidusr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:30:07 +0800

Thank you for the explanation. For my case, the Squid servers that I have
are acting as forward proxy servers, no peers and no caching on them.

That is to say, the access will be from client --> squid --> various web/app
servers.

This being the case, am I right to say that cacheServerRequests and
cacheProtoClientHttpRequests should be almost the same ???

Kindly also advise on what do the following mean:

1. HTTP All Service Time

2. HTTP Miss Service Time

3. Byte Hit Ratio

4. DNS Service Time

5. Server Error

6. HTTP Error

7. Num Object Count

8. Storage Mem Size

9. Available Number of File Descriptors

10. Reserved Number of File Descriptors

11. SysPage Fault

Regards.

>From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
>To: squid squid <squidusr@hotmail.com>
>CC: squid-users@squid-cache.org
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] Advise on what to monitor using MRTG
>Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 00:39:05 +0200
>
>On tis, 2007-07-03 at 11:04 +0800, squid squid wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the advise. The error on CacheClient was gone after
>changing
> > to the parameter that you have advised.
> >
> > May I know what is the difference between cacheServerRequests and
> > cacheProtoClientHttpRequests???
>
>It I am not mistaken cacheServerRequests is requests forwarded to other
>servers.
>
> > Kindly also advise which is the parameter which will show the total
>number
> > of entries captured on the access.log???
>
>There is no such counter.
>
>If you don't have peers then the difference of
>cacheProtoClientHttpRequests between now and when you last rotated the
>logs is a good approximation.. (includes all HTTP requests, but not ICP
>requests).
>
>Regards
>Henrik
>

><< signature.asc >>

Get MSN Messenger emoticons and display pictures here!
http://ilovemessenger.msn.com/?mkt=en-sg