Re: [squid-users] Recommended Cache Settings for cache_mem

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:43:00 -0300 (BRT)

Joel Jaeggli disse na ultima mensagem:
> Jeff Pang wrote:
>> 2007/7/4, Michel Santos <michel@lucenet.com.br>:
>>>
>>> Snow Wolf disse na ultima mensagem:
>>> >

> The real measure here is number of i/o's per second per spindle...
> you'll something on the order of 50-100 from 7200 rpm disks (read
> service time is around 20ms) given that not all activities (writes)
> require an immediate seek. In the context of squid, fast disks or lots
> of disks are more important than large disks because scaling comes from
> the number of requests that can be served....

I better hold my peace here ...

>>> ahem ... so I would need 8 x 160G disks in order getting 160G of
>>> cache_dir
>>> or 4 x 250 also would do it? And the rest of each disk is used by this
>>> "disk cache swap" thing?
>>>

> the rest of the disk is empty.

as long as they are new this empty disks are really cool but I, may be I
am kind of wierd, buy them to fill them up ;)

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.