Re: [squid-users] squid and multiple redirectors

From: Jeff Pang <pangj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 15:12:45 +0800

2007/7/8, Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>:
> Hello,
> I'm running squid 2.6 and need to run several redirectors, one for
> banner filtering, another for av, and a possible third for chat blocking if
> there is one? I read about a shell script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> /path/to/redirector1 | /path/to/redirector2

This is bad way.Using pipe is expensive at most time.You can do all
the things in a perl script.If you have problems on perl
programming,many guys can help you (including me).

>For the setting of
> url_rewrite_children suggested value is 5, multiple redirectors wouldn't i
> have to take that up to say 15 or so?

Some of our squid hosts are also running redirector,they run 64 childs
or more,didn't see bad things happened.So I think this number is based
on the request queue on squid,if this queue is too large,you can see
the warnings info in cache.log and you need to improve the redirector
childs number.

Good luck.