Re: [squid-users] proxying aim connections, some urgency!

From: Nick Duda <nduda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:22:56 -0400

Check out squidguard

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Fri Jul 13 11:26:59 2007
Subject: [squid-users] proxying aim connections, some urgency!

Hello,
    If anyone has this working there is some urgency for me to get this!
    Here's the situation, friend needs to control when his kid gets on aim.
I suggested squid as a solution for this, as aim can go through an http
proxy. I've set up a squid transparent proxy here and set up the aim
preferences to connect through it. This is aim6 btw. THis does work,
connections go through the proxy, on a freebsd box. My issue now is limiting
those connections, i need to do it possibly by several ways, aim username,
or time of day. They don't want the kid on aim late at night. This final
setup will be on a windows xp box, using squid-nt.
Thanks.
Dave.