[squid-users] proxying aim connections, some urgency!

From: Dave <dmehler26@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:26:59 -0400

Hello,
    If anyone has this working there is some urgency for me to get this!
    Here's the situation, friend needs to control when his kid gets on aim.
I suggested squid as a solution for this, as aim can go through an http
proxy. I've set up a squid transparent proxy here and set up the aim
preferences to connect through it. This is aim6 btw. THis does work,
connections go through the proxy, on a freebsd box. My issue now is limiting
those connections, i need to do it possibly by several ways, aim username,
or time of day. They don't want the kid on aim late at night. This final
setup will be on a windows xp box, using squid-nt.
Thanks.
Dave.