Re: [squid-users] comm_select: kqueue event error: (9) Bad file descriptor

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:46:16 +0545

Paul clayton wrote:
> Not sure if this is an problem.
>
> We have a squid 2.6 Stable 12 server on FreeBSD 7.0 as a transparent
> proxy.
>
> We regularly get timeouts and page errors on this server, and try and
> find out whether this is a problem, I raised the debug level to 5, and
> noticed these errors.
>
> comm_select: kqueue event error: (9) Bad file descriptor
>
> I noted that within two minutes we had 303 of these errors.
> Is a problem, or can it be ignored.

Hi Paul,

I do see those messages on my FreeBSD squid boxes too but only on debug
mode.

However till now, I have not faced any kind of big problems. So I guess
there is nothing to worry about.

It's good that you spotted and pointed out this messages.

I think that it's got something to do with the kqueue I/O handling
method of file descriptors when we enable the "--enable-kqueue" option
in Squid.

Adrian may have answers regarding this messages?

Thanking you...

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,