[squid-users] Squid not connectin to parent

From: Osmany <administrador@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:00:19 -0400

Hi,

I have a Little problem. I've just installed Squid2.6stable6 and apparently
it is not connecting to the parent proxy. In the cache.log it says that the
parent is dead. I have confirmed with the net-admins that the parent is not
dead.

This is what I have in the squid.conf

cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx parent 1080 0 no-query default

I don't know if this is right. I've been reading that the 2.6 version has
some different sintax but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

thanks