Re: [squid-users] more then one proxy or external ip login to some sites proble

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:03:08 +0200

On tor, 2007-07-19 at 11:05 +0200, Sebastian Bojczuk wrote:

> It doesn't mater how may parents I have - mostly one. This problem is with
> configuration :
> cache_peer 80.51.2.195 parent 8080 3130 proxy-only no-query
> always_direct allow local-network
> hierarchy_stoplist for site solve problem but there are many sites

It's a relatively common problem with many cookie based login forms.
They encode the source IP the request came from in the cookie, and will
fail when requests from the same session is coming from different IPs.
This in a somewhat misguided attempt in securing the session.

There is two ways around this:

a) Use always_direct (kind of the same as hierarchy_stoplist) to tell
your Squid to not use any peers for such sites, when discovered.

b) Talk to the site owners and explain the problem to them.

As an alternative to 'a' you can alternatively force Squid to always go
to the parent proxy for these sites, never direct. But this assumes the
parent don't in turn with other proxies...