Re: [squid-users] where to find squid.conf in the squid.xxx.tar.gz file ?

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:53:56 +0545

Goldorak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using devil-linux boot cd, which has squid 2.6
> stable 9 install in it, but the distri doesnt provide
> the /etc/squid files :
> (dir : errors dir : icons file : mib.txt file :
> mime.conf file : squid.conf)
>
> I am currently using squid 2.5.STABLE 4 (in
> sentry-firewall boot cd), and I took the config's file
> from it, but of course i dont have access to all the
> new options of the new version.
>
> So i downloaded the squid-2.6.STABLE9.tar.gz and I
> tried to install it to grab the file I need in it.
> But I cannot manage to install it in devil-linux
> because some folders names doesnt match and some are
> read only.
>
> Anyway, how could I please, extra what i need from
> squid-2.6.STABLE9.tar.gz, or where could i find that
> files ?

Hi Sylvain,

Go to your home directory and try the following steps below:

(1.) wget
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/squid-2.6.STABLE14.tar.gz

(2.) tar zxvf squid-2.6.STABLE14.tar.gz

(3.) cd squid-2.6.STABLE14/

(4.) ./configure --prefix=/home/YourUsername/squid

(5.) make all

(6.) make install

If everything goes right, all of squid config and binary files will be
installed under your home directory given with the prefix option above.

Good luck and hope it works!

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,