Re: [squid-users] SHOULD I NEED TO RECOMPILE THE KERNEL

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:49:18 +0545

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still runnig Redhat 9 box with sendmail and squid. It is quite
> slow. It has only 128 MB RAM. So I upgraded it to 512 MB RAM. Now, It
> is running with 512 MB RAM. But, It is still slow. No progress has
> been achived. Some users say it is slower than before. Actually, I
> also have noticed it is NOW SLOWER than before. WHY IS THAT?
>
> SHOULD I NEED TO RECOMPILE THE KERNEL as I installed a new 512 MB RAM ?
>
> help needed?

Hi Indunil,

I don't think that you need to recompile your kernel. Which Squid
version are you using?

Please post your squid.conf. Saying that Squid is SLOWER could mean alot
of things. It's very vague and an exact answer is not possible.

Also posting your iptables firewall could help. Are you running Squid in
transparent mode? How many users are you serving?

Can you post the info from squidclient mgr:info ?

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,