[squid-users] Entries are cached on the result of the URL rewriting process?

From: Ricardo Newbery <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:30:51 -0700

In the default squid.conf, this warning confuses me:

# TAG: url_rewrite_host_header
# By default Squid rewrites any Host: header in redirected
# requests. If you are running an accelerator this may
# not be a wanted effect of a redirector.
#
# WARNING: Entries are cached on the result of the URL rewriting
# process, so be careful if you have domain-virtual hosts.

I'm pretty sure entries are cached (and are purgeable) based on the
URL coming into squid, not whatever squid rewrites it to.

This is an error, right?

Ric