Re: [squid-users] Entries are cached on the result of the URL rewriting process?

From: Michael Pye <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:02:20 +0100

Ricardo Newbery wrote:
> I'm pretty sure entries are cached (and are purgeable) based on the URL
> coming into squid, not whatever squid rewrites it to.

No - they are cached as it states based on what URLs are rewritten to.

You have to be careful in reverse proxy setups if you are attempting to
rewrite the URL to multiple back end web servers as you will probably
not get your intended behaviour. If you are trying to select mutliple
back end web servers using a rewriter you may want to look at using
cache_peer origin-server directives instead, which will keep the URL the
same.

--
Michael