Re: [squid-users] Squid ACL Problem

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:12:10 -0300

Heaton, Tobias escreveu:
> No log entries are appearing from a network machine on the same subnet. The only way I can generate an access.log entry is running the squidclient app w/ the URL:
>
> squidclient http://www.apple.com
>
> access.log:
>
> 247 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 10226 GET http://www.apple.com - DIRECT/17.149.160.10 text/html
>
> It displays the page correctly in the command shell which tells me the ACL is working, at least from localhost. I cannot get anything across the network.

    squidclient will retrieve only the exact supplied URL, it's far from
meaning that page would show. As I told, the page can reference other
addresses and those different addresses can be blocked by your ACLs.

    If you're gettinng NOTHING from the network clients, then ACLs
probably are NOT your problem. If the problem were ACLs, your clients
would be getting 'ACCESS DENIED' page, supplied by squid, and TCP_DENIED
logged on access.log. If nothing appears on the logs, then the requests
are probably not even reaching your squid.

    Are the browsers manually configured to access through squid or the
requests are being captured by transparent proxy ? If they are
transparent, maybe your transparent rules arent working as expected.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues