Re: [squid-users] Drop semi-dead peer upon zero sized replies

From: redondos <redondos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:47:42 -0300

(Replying to list because I think that's what you intended to do.)

On Wed 01.Aug.07 09:53, Benno Blumenthal wrote:
> Angel Olivera wrote:
>>
>> But I don't know about the second part: detecting when it's "down". It is
>> "sort of down", since it will reply pings et al, but no HTTP packets will
>> come back from it until it's back into normal operation.
>>
>> Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
> There is a monitorurl option in cache_peer, along with minimum length of
> response -- if your flaky peer returns zero length for all requests, you
> could pick one as a monitorurl and it might pick up on the dead cache...

Perfect! That worked like a charm, thanks a lot, Benno.

I don't know how I could miss it from the sample squid.conf. I guess it
was because of taking The Definitive Guide as a reference but not
checking the new options.

Thanks again.

--
redondos