Re: [squid-users] Drop semi-dead peer upon zero sized replies

From: <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:25:02 +1200 (NZST)

> (Replying to list because I think that's what you intended to do.)
>
> On Wed 01.Aug.07 09:53, Benno Blumenthal wrote:
>> Angel Olivera wrote:
>>>
>>> But I don't know about the second part: detecting when it's "down". It
>>> is
>>> "sort of down", since it will reply pings et al, but no HTTP packets
>>> will
>>> come back from it until it's back into normal operation.
>>>
>>> Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>> There is a monitorurl option in cache_peer, along with minimum length of
>> response -- if your flaky peer returns zero length for all requests,
>> you
>> could pick one as a monitorurl and it might pick up on the dead cache...
>
> Perfect! That worked like a charm, thanks a lot, Benno.
>
> I don't know how I could miss it from the sample squid.conf. I guess it
> was because of taking The Definitive Guide as a reference but not
> checking the new options.
>
> Thanks again.

We now provide an the Authoritative Configuration Manual for each version
of squid. These manuals are built daily and directly from the squid source
code to provide the most up to date information on squid options. Recent
releases of squid now come packaged with a copy of their Manual built
during the release process.

For Squid-2.6 the Manual is at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/

For Squid-3.0 the Manual is at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/

(PS. I've just updated the wiki ConfigExamples to say this now too)

Amos