[squid-users] Routing different addresses through different gateways

From: MikeX <mjank@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:13:30 -0700 (PDT)

Ok. So here at the office we have a T1 line and a backup DSL line.

Basically we have NO CONTROL over the policies passed to us over the T1
line, which means we can't have proxies set at login automatically.

What I would like to do is connect two outside interfaces, one for the DSL
and T1 and two inside interfaces, one for the internal network, and one for
the Cisco PIX 506E were using for VPN traffic.

However, everyone is configured to go through 'Proxy A' on the T1, so I was
wondering if some transparent action could be taken so squid sends only the
requests that need to go to the T1 (Citrix and some apps) and send the rest
through the DSL but do this transparently?

Also, with the Cisco PIX 506E we can't setup a VPN because the machines
can't 'route' back to the PIX because its a different gateway on a different
internet connection. Basically the route would have to be to send the VPN
pool subnet requests back to the PIX and not the T1 router.

Some of this may sound confusing and I apologize I find it hard to explain
problems when the AC breaks in the office.

Thank you!

-Mike Jankowski