Re: [squid-users] What is the most data anyone has cached with squid?

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 11:33:36 +0545

Mark Vickers wrote:
> I was thinking of building several boxes with between 10TB and 20TB of
> SATA drives, for some squid caches.
>
> Has any used squid to cache that much data?

Hi Mark,

I am using up to 1 TB for my caches. However only about 500 GB are
interconnected to each other currently due to some restrictions. When
you say several boxes, does that mean to say 50 squid boxes each with
200 GB of cache? Or 20 boxes with 500 GB of cache?

> Any idea what the upper limit is? The practical limit?

I have no idea for the upper limit.

Why don't you give it a try. Please post us back your results and
feedbacks after running your 10-20 TB caches for some time.

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,