Re: [squid-users] Fwd: username and password in TRANSPARENT mode

From: Neil A. Hillard <neil.hillard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:13:17 +0100

Hi,

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> Colud you pls give a good explanation for below matter?
>

> I am runing squid with nsca_ath feature.
> I have configured client browser to use squid proxy server with ip
> address and port 3128. All work fine.
>
> Then, I configured SQUID in TRANSPARENT mode. Then, I lost the user
> name and password feature. Is it NORMAL in TRANSPARENT mode?
>
> This happened in SQUID 2.5.

No matter how many times you ask, the answer will be the same. Read the
FAQ at:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy#head-7cfff26a112769fccff8f4d507961cd27ebe5eac

You may also care to search the archives as this question has been asked
many times before.

BTW, Henrik's name does not contain a 'd'!

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/