Re: [squid-users] Can I block CONNECT to any IP (but allow hostnames)?

From: Vadim Pushkin <wiskbroom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 13:51:38 +0000

How about:

acl SSL_Port port 443
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

# /etc/squid/good-connect-ip-addresses is one IP address per line.
acl allowed-CONNECT dstdomain "/etc/squid/good-connect-ip-addresses"

# One or the other, not sure which and I haven't tested it yet.
acl numeric_IPs url_regex ^[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+
acl numeric_IPs urlpath_regex ^[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+

# One or more of these three, again, I haven't tested yet.
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_Port
http_access deny CONNECT numeric_IPs
http_access deny CONNECT numeric_IPs !allowed-CONNECT

The goal is to:

1. Prevent CONNECT to non-SSL ports.
2. Block to IP addresses which use CONNECT vs. FQDN.
3. Allow a way to place exclusions to the IP blocks just in case there is a
legit need.

Please feel free to correct or comment anything I've stated above.

.vp