Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 06:50:40 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On tor, 2007-08-09 at 10:18 -0700, Nicole wrote:
>> As some have pointed out, it's a shame diskd is horked, since it seemed
>> to be nice and fast.
>
> Well, it's been broken for several years now, an no one has been willing
> to commit any resources to get it fixed.

please be a little bit more specific about "comitting resources", what do
you exactly mean?

what is what you agree to be broken beyond the shutdown issue?

>> However, since I have not heard of any progress on fixing
>> the bug, I am curious what others have been using or prefer as their
>> alternative to diskd and why?
>
> aufs is seen as the best alternative currently, with FreeBSD also
> supporting kernel threads.
>
> Note: running aufs without kernel threads is a dead end and won't
> perform well, you might just as well run with the ufs cache_dir type
> then.

ok you mean threads instead of pthreads right?

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.