Re: [squid-users] Opinions sought on best storage type for FreeBSD

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:33:10 +0200

On tor, 2007-08-09 at 10:18 -0700, Nicole wrote:
> As some have pointed out, it's a shame diskd is horked, since it seemed
> to be nice and fast.

Well, it's been broken for several years now, an no one has been willing
to commit any resources to get it fixed.

> However, since I have not heard of any progress on fixing
> the bug, I am curious what others have been using or prefer as their
> alternative to diskd and why?

aufs is seen as the best alternative currently, with FreeBSD also
supporting kernel threads.

Note: running aufs without kernel threads is a dead end and won't
perform well, you might just as well run with the ufs cache_dir type
then.