Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:14:45 +0200

On fre, 2007-08-10 at 12:18 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:

> so let's mount the scenario
>
> I shutdown squid letting rc.shutdown killing the squid process before it
> had time to close correctly the cache_dirs
>
> then I backup swap.state

correct, including what other files there may be next to it..

> or do I backup before shutting down?

no, we want the swap.state files which is triggering the problem,
assuming it's swap.state content somehow triggering this problem...

> then I start squid with one of the above versions and squid starts
> rebuilding swap.state
>
> when it starts failing we get what you want?

That you try the same again, by shutting down Squid, then clear the
cache and restore the backed up swap.state files and start Squid again.
Hopefully the problem will manifest itself again, if so then there is an
frozen state which produces the problem, and which can be debugged
further to isolate what goes wrong.