Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:55:22 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:

>> then I start squid with one of the above versions and squid starts
>> rebuilding swap.state
>>
>> when it starts failing we get what you want?
>
> That you try the same again, by shutting down Squid, then clear the
> cache and restore the backed up swap.state files and start Squid again.
> Hopefully the problem will manifest itself again, if so then there is an
> frozen state which produces the problem, and which can be debugged
> further to isolate what goes wrong.

just to get it straight

when it fails I shut squid down again

I wipe out the cache_dirs and recreate them?

I copy the former original (first) backup swap.state back in place

I start squid with this former swap.state but empty cache_dirs

Is it that exactly?

swap.state should shrink at this stage, eliminating it's reference when
not finding the file right?

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.