Re: [squid-users] Squid allow only 2 max connections per IP

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:14:54 +1200 (NZST)

> On ons, 2007-08-15 at 01:08 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Chris Robertson wrote:
>
>> > The "all" here should be the first acl referenced on the line or it
>> will
>> > prevent your deny_info message from being shown.
>> >
>> > e.g. "http_access deny all maxcon"

>> That sounds a lot like a bug.
>
> Does it? Squid reads http_access lines left to right..

Um, arg. I must have had my head on backwards yesterday. this is the third
simple logic error you've caught for me.

I was thinking of the LHS ACL matching and stopping to be used by the
deny. Not the AND case in effect where it MUST continue through the rest.

> But yes, it can be documented better. The notes in deny_info isn't
> exactl helpful on this subject..
>
> deny_info matches the last acl on the http_access deny line which denied
> access, or if authentication is required to process the request the
> first authentication related acl encountered while processing the
> http_access rules.

One for the history books....

 Maybe this should be changed in future so a deny_info can be given a name
(like ALC are named now) but the http(s)_access adds a deny=NAME option
to specify the exact alternative page to be used.

Amos