Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:05:18 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On tis, 2007-08-14 at 17:22 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:
>
>> well, just got one, what now? Do you want the file?
>
> No, but I want you to hold on to it so you can test things without
> having to reboot a server and cross your fingers..
>
>> now I did the same again but started squid with -F and all good
>>
>> so I guess we found where to look, something wrong while writing to
>> swap.state when still rebuilding it
>
> Next test is to see if the problem is also seen without -F but with no
> traffic on the proxy.

no, when no traffic no problem, this statement is based on my not
succeeded weekend tests and 3 production servers yesterday and one of them
I cut off the client side while testing without -F and all was good

> Another test I'd like you to run is to try using aufs instead of diskd.
> And also the same for ufs.

yes same issue

seems that swap.state.new hangs on to 72 bytes while swap.state grows fast

michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.